Applicants Outside U.S.

Your 4-step Immigration Process with IHC International

If you graduated from a nursing school outside the United States, and you would like to live and work as a nurse in the United States, IHC International can help you with 4 easy steps:

  1. If you have a degree or diploma from a nursing school in your country; and
  2. Your nursing license from your country is current/valid; and
  3. If you  pass either:

A. The Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools  (CGFNS), Certification Exam.


B. The National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).


C. The English Language proficiency exam, offered by TOEFL and TOEFL iBT Services at or TOEIC Testing Programat or IELTS International at  

  1. Then IHC International will obtain a U.S. visa sponsorship for you

Registering with IHC International

To begin the process you must complete a placement application and an immigration questionnaire, which are available online.  Mail the completed forms with the documents listed below to:

IHC International, LLC
168 East Avenue
Norwalk, Connecticut 06851, U.S.A.

Once the completed forms and certified copies of the documents listed below are received, you will be scheduled for an interview: 

  • Passport  (include copy of photo, visa, and all stamped pages)
  • Nursing Licenses
  • Nursing Degree
  • Resume (do not certify this document)
  • Birth Certificate
  • Photo Identification (government identification or driver’s license)
  • CGFNS Certification (if you have it)
  • NCLEX Certification (if you have it)